We would like to invite you to submit projects for the upcoming round of the HEC sponsorship!
We Invite Projects to be Submitted for this Sponsorship that
- can be individual projects (for instance M.A. or B.A. thesis work,
or 3rd semester Master Projects)
- can be group projects
- can be classes or courses of the winter semester 2017/18
- can be of any theme or focus (theoretical, artistic, experimental,
performative, applied etc.)
- must be HfK digital media projects or courses (UNI students may be
members of such HfK projects or courses, but they can not apply
individually, nor can UNI projects or UNI courses apply)
- must be completed no later then the end of the winter semester
2017/18 (March 31. 2018)
HEC http://www.hec.de/ is a bremen based it-engineering and consulting firm, that sponsors projects and classes of the HfK DM program with up to EUR 1.500,- per semester. The money can be used for any purpose related to the selected project. HEC will not direct or influence content or form of the project. There is a framework of some brief contracts (for IP rights, among other aspects) that get signed by all participants. During the projects/classes there are usually 2 or 3 meetings or presentations where HEC is informed about the progress or results of the projects. They do like to voice their opinion and offer feedback from their particular point of view, but only to stimulate discussion and exchange. HEC hopes to gain fresh impulses, get publicity and find talent. A few people from your program have worked there, or for one of their affiliated companies.
The Selection Process
Dennis and I will pick 4 to 6 projects out of all submitted projects. Some of the criteria we base this first selection on are
- potential quality of form and content
- wide range of theme, content and focus within this group of 4 to 6
projects (this caters a bit to HEC)
- necessity / need / use of the sponsorship
- potential likelihood of completion within the semester
We also like aspects such as the use, role or particular perspective on technology within the project, inventiveness is nice but not essential, and also the sustainability (german is better here: Nachhaltigkeit) of the use of the money can be an aspect.
We then submit the selected 4 to 6 projects to the members of our Stuko for approval. Following this, they are presented to HEC. They then choose from this list a project they want to sponsor. They have chosen a wide range of topics in the past. Any good idea has a good chance.
We should have a decision by the end of October. Of course this is tight, as some projects may be started differently, depending on the available budget, but in the past we have seen, that many of you do not even really know what they plan to do during the semester before this point – and at least some of you already know that this call comes around this time, every semester – and hopefully it will continue for many more to come, if HEC continues their generous support.
- must contain a brief description of the project / class of not more
then 500 words, covering title, theme / focus, methods, motivations /
questions, context, goal / outcome (or similar points, should these
not apply to your project)
- must contain a rough time plan of milestones / dates / presentations
- must contain an estimate of how the money would be used
- must be UPLOADED (not sent directly) for instance to ownCloud or
dropbox and a link sent to email@example.com and
- by October 15th 2017
We are looking looking forward to your submissions.
Dennis and Peter