Monthly Archives: June 2014

Digital Fabrication versucht:

versucht1 – Lamera (fail)

IMG_20140616_165711-1

versucht2 – Rhino+Grasshopper (on going):

10489113_10152488866837305_460085496_n

10490148_10152488868902305_669339705_n

Analog:

IMG_20140624_140206-1

IMG_20140630_112120

IMG_20140630_112123

IMG_20140630_112522

IMG_20140630_115019

IMG_20140630_114734

Peter will be late today!

Hi All,

I’m sorry, unfortunately my car got a flat tire on the way to bremen. Right now I am waiting to get it fixed – but I have no idea how long it will take.I’ll try to be there by 15:00. For those who need to see me, pls wait, everyone else is free to work elsewhere.

Sorry about this ūüôĀ

Peter

Primary setup

Finally i managed to get all the electronic equipment i need. With the help of Jukka, now i have a code that reads the signals from the gyroscope sensor and lights the two leds accordingly.

Next tasks:

  • turn off function
  • brake light function
  • connection of other leds
  • connection of battery
  • implementation of the setup on the cap
  • working on aesthetics of the hat

image

Second Prototype, first tests

I built a second prototype with a new helmet and a Bluetooth headset with an integrated microphone. Now the user do not have to take care of any wires while connecting his mobile phone to the helmet.

velo_wuerfel_14-06-23

The first tests have shown, that the music is loud enough to listen to it while riding and it is possible to hear the environment. But if the speed is higher than 20km/h the headphones and the headwind are generating an annoying noise.
The same happens with calls. And due to the fact, that the microphone does not has a cover at all, the caller cannot understand a word if the bicycle goes faster than 15km/h. But maybe this problem can be solved by cover the microphone with a small piece of foam (-> next task).

Due to the fact, that the headphones are just taped to the helmet, the wind lifts them while speeding up. So they have to be fixed to it in another, more stable way (-> next task)

And I still go no answer from the Buhel company regarding their bone-conduction microphone.

Work plan: Helmet with communication system

During the last weeks I worked on and with my first prototype. I tried out different kinds of headphones and played with the distance between them and the ears. The result of that is, that the volume of in-ear headhones are not loud enough to youth them as speakers. Than means I have to stick to bigger sized over-ear headphones.
I contacted the BuhelStore and Buhel via email and facebook for their Helmet Communication System which I had already mentioned in my last post. I asked them for one of their units for a students research project. But they haven’t answered yet.

For the next weeks:
I will build a second prototype. The second version of my helmet will be wireless and will have a microphone. Thus the user has also the possibility to make and take calls and not just listen to music while riding the bike.

Erster Versuch

Beim ersten Versuch habe ich mit einfachen Materialien probieren. Die sind ein Handschuh, 6 St√ľcke 1,5V Batterie, Kabel, ALumunium Foil als Leiter. Der Handschuh mit 9 Volts h√§lt ungef√§hr 20 Minuten warm.

Es sieht so aus,

IMG_6576

Ergebniss:

  • Wegen unstabilem Leitermaterial leitet die W√§rme an den ganzen Handschuh nicht.
  • Der Handschuh geht schnell warm auf der dicken Fl√§che des Leitermateriales.

IMG_6585

Nächste Schritt:

  • Mit Stromkreis die Energiequellen .bzw Batterie bauen

Reference Material

Bekaert – “Stainless steel fibers for heatable textils”

Conductive Material (leather)

Heating Pad

We neeeeed heeeeeelp!!!

I write this post in German, ’cause it’s addressed to those of us from the fashion department.

Also, liebe Modesch√∂pfenden… Anna und ich sind mit den Entw√ľrfen f√ľr unsere Jacken mit integriertem Blinker soweit fertig. Bei mir geht’s in Richtung Biker (Motorradjacke) aus festem Baumwollstoff und bei Anna um einen Bolero aus Jersey (√§hnlich dem, am Ende ihres letzten Posts). Die Schnittmuster sind vorhanden und wir w√ľrden Hilfe bei der Umsetzung des ganzen in Nessel ben√∂tigen! Wer von euch h√§tte Lust und ein wenig Zeit uns zu helfen? Ich habe immer freitags (also auch morgen) und dienstags ganzt√§gig Zeit und Anna ist ziemlich flexibel (sag ich jetzt mal so)! W√§ren f√ľr eure Hilfe echt dankbar…

Die Bikerjacke ist √§hnlich dieser…
IMG_20140612_113117

Hier der Entwurf zu dem es ein Schnittmuster gibt:
Velo Couture Jacke Entwurf

Anna’s Bolero ist √§hnlich diesem…
f6f31bb8-7e8f-4cfe-a4ee-8c51992e2583

Wie gesagt, Hilfe von euch wäre toll!

Integriertes Beleuchtungssystem

Auf dem Markt gibt es schon einige Beleuchtungssysteme, die auch ein Bremslicht beinhalten. Man kann sie an den Rahmen bzw. an die Sattelstange montieren. Wird der Bautenzug ausgelöst, blinkt das Licht rot auf.

34

Die Idee ist, einen Fahrradrahmen zu entwickeln, der ein integriertes Beleuchtungssystem aufweist, welches Sicherheit und Schutz gewährleistet.

12

Der Sattel bzw. die Sattelstange beinhaltet im Inneren einen Akku und ein Leuchtmittel. Wird der Sattel in den Rahmen gesteckt, schließt sich der Stromkreislauf zum vorderen Leuchtmittel und (auf Knopfdruck) wird Licht abgegeben, Im Falle einer Bremsung wird rotes Licht abgegeben.

1

gk

Damit das Leuchtmittel in der Sattelstange sichbar wird, muss die Au√üenstange lichtdurchl√§ssig und au√üerdem sehr stabil sein. In einem fr√ľheren Projekt habe ich mit Organoblech (Glasfaserverbundstoff) gearbeitet, der diese Eigenschaften erf√ľllen k√∂nnte.

ash